Sunday, February 16, 2014
design Your Book To Sell Well Before You Write It, P2
You don't have to put your family life on the auction block to write a saleable book anymore. Simply write the solution. It's a known fact problem solver books sell well; even better than other non-fiction books.
Here are a few tips to help you design your book to sell well before you even write it. Give your manuscript the test of solutions. Ask yourself the question, 'What solutions does my book offer? To achieve maximum sales in the marketplace, write your book to offer solutions for two to three questions or problems in your field:
1) Inspire people to do something good. Weave inspiring stories into your book and sell more. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership spent 18 straight months on the Business Week Business Best Seller List. Dr. Maxwell started each chapter with a short story of a famous person successfully using the chapter's law of leadership.
2) Original, different information. Have you wondered what makes a new diet book sell well even when there are scores of diet books on the market? The author presents their unique set of successful diet rules, their exercise program, their perspective, their testimonials and their credentials. They use original, different information for the same results.
3) Success experiences that motivate your audience to do more, give more or share more. Share your experiences to motivate your audience. Share how you overcame seemingly insurmountable challenges in your field. It will motivate your audience to think if you did it; they can do it too.
4) Greater understanding of life. Have you been gifted with a deep understanding of life? Put small excerpts of your understanding throughout your book. Sprinkle your quotes along with other famous philosophers or world thinkers within your book.
5) Entertainment, humor or fun. Do you have a talent to make people laugh? Use it in your book. Provide a little oasis of escape for your readers. People love it when you entertain them. Intertwine funny stories into your non-fiction manuscript. Entertain them, make them laugh; they'll love you for it. Best of all, they will have fun telling all their friends about your funny book.
Are you ready to start writing your solution oriented book yet? Did your book idea pass the test of solutions by answering questions in at least two areas? Great! Now that you know how to design your book to sell well, go ahead take the plunge. Don't hesitate any longer. Start today. Your audience is waiting for your solution-oriented ideas and viewpoint. Make it different. Make it count. Make it yours.
Posted by N at 1:04 PM